Today is too much for me, so I’m just going to tell you about 5 things you need to know about this Friday morning.
1. My dad and I went to the Paul McCartney concert last night and it was EVERYTHING. I’ve never been to a concert with such a high production value – only the best for Macca. And boy did he work hard for his money! Three straight hours of pure bliss. Worth every penny. Sit back while I
bore entertain you with the highlights:
I kept meaning to get tickets, but then time got away from me and I never did. Thankfully, a friend of mine had purchased 4 and he was selling 2 of them at a steal. Since my dad and I love Paul above all other Beatles, we had to go. Our seats were about as close as you could get without being on the floor (and I think we can all agree that floor seats are overrated unless you’re in the front couple of rows).
He came out only 10 minutes late, unusual for big artists, and jumped right into “Eight Days A Week.” I think I actually got a little teary? It was kind of overwhelming to be seeing such a legend in person. T and I were LOVING it.
Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp performed “My Valentine” in sign language on screen. It’s been picked up by national news, so you may have seen this, but he dedicated “The Long and Winding Road” to the victims killed last week in the Charleston shooting. People cheered so loudly I think I might be deaf now. (The video below was taken at a concert last week, but it was essentially the same thing here, except we were much more enthusiastic about it.)
A bunch of other stuff happened (including a pyrotechnic show that singed the hair off my face), but my phone died so I actually enjoyed the concert instead of taking pictures of it. He played every song you could even hope to hear him play (“We Can Work It Out” is my favorite and I was pleasantly surprised to hear it last night!).
I don’t need to tell you this, but if you ever have the opportunity to hear him live, you’ve gotta jump on it.
2. “Air conditioner on a thousand below zero and it’s still hot.” This has been going around for a few weeks, but it’s so for real. We are melting in Columbia. Send help.
3. This article about why all of the state flags are wrong is hilarious and a much needed break from the recent rantings.
“Tell me again about the things flags usually have.”
“Um, seals — people — stripes — colors — maybe the state name?”
“Let’s put on NONE of those things. And a palm tree.”
4. This video is mesmerizing.
5. Last, but certainly not least, this princess turns 26 today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
No, that’s too easy. Here’s a better birthday picture:
Have a great weekend! Please keep Rev. Pinckney’s family, and the families of all of the victims, in your thoughts and prayers today as he is laid to rest. You can follow along with the services here.