I’m writing this while watching one of my favorite nights of television: Real Housewives of Anywhere Reunion Part Whatever. I’m not even going to call it a guilty pleasure because that would imply that I feel any shame about it whatsoever…life’s hard enough without pretending to be interested in anything that comes on PBS. Anyhow, watching RHONY tonight gave me the idea to tell y’all about some of my favorite shows on TV. And there are a lot. Here they are, in no particular order:
- The (aforementioned) Real Housewives franchise is a longtime favorite of mine. I watch all of them on and off, but I ALWAYS tune in for the crazy train that is the reunions. I basically only watch the season so I know what’s happening at the reunion. Anyone who says they can’t stand watching all of that fighting is…I don’t know what they are, but I don’t understand them on a fundamental level.
- Playing House is a new favorite. I always thought it looked so dumb on commercials, but I somehow got hooked on an episode a few weekends ago and I was all caught up within 2 days. For some reason, they put the episodes up On Demand the week before they premiere on USA. Idk. Anyhow, it makes me lol so hard because they’re best friends in real life as well as on the show and it really comes through in their scenes together. Love it.
- Fixer Upper is my everything. If I had a dollar for every girl who has said to me “they remind me of me and my (husband/boyfriend/fiancé),” I would have, like, at least $7. I love their style and, obviously, their relationship provides so many #relationshipgoals. Also, we’re all apparently missing a huge housing opportunity by not moving to Waco where houses are approx. $4/each. Who knew?
- BROAD CITY. It’s in all caps because that’s how much I love it. I even have an entire Broad City keyboard on my phone that includes gifs. Broad City is everything Girls wishes it could be. If you’re not watching this show already, I don’t know how we can go on as friends much longer.
- Every episode of Veep makes me snort-laugh at least once. This is seriously one of the funniest shows of all time, and I catch a new joke every time I watch and episode over again.
- I unapologetically love the Kardashians (except for Kylie, I feel so much secondhand embarrassment for her on social media). I’m SO OVER people pretending they are above watching their shows. Oh, how original, you made a “the Kardashians are stupid” joke. I’ve never heard that before, and the rest of us are in awe of your unique viewpoint. *end bitchy rant in defense of my friends I don’t know* Anyway, I still watch, and I know most of you do too.
- The Mindy Project is SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD I almost wept when Fox tried to cancel it. Thank God Hulu stepped in and saved me from sure death via Danny Castellano withdrawal.
- The Walking Dead. Gah, I love this show. Season 3 almost put me to sleep but Season 4 brought it’s A game and Tyler and I love it more than ever. We can’t wait until it premieres in a few months! Side note: the spinoff, Fear the Walking Dead, premiered Sunday and I’m still not sold. I’ll report back if I change my mind.
- Hard Knocks. I don’t know why but I just love it. I even cry sometimes when the rookies get cut. This season, they’re following the Texans and I’m super interested in seeing how Jadeveon Clowney is coming along (go cocks).
- Rehab Addict. Emma and I are addicted to watching this show. Even though I don’t always love her style, I’m still fascinated.
Well, 10 shows should probably do it for now…what are some of your favorite shows?