Good morning! I’ve been meaning to write a post on the beauty products I’m obsessed with for a while now. Anyone who knows me well is aware of my Ulta addiction and how I could (and do) stay there for HOURS. Every time I go to get my brows waxed (holler at my girl Elysha, btw, she’s transformed my whole face), I end up buying at least one product. It’s an issue. Anyway, in light of my status as an addict, I’ve come across some amazing products that I’d like to share with you today. These opinions are all my own, so, in no particular order:
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. That’s a long name for a product that is so simple to use. I wear “light neutral,” which is for light skin with pink and yellow undertones. Because I don’t let my face get any direct sun, it’s always much lighter than the rest of my body. I just have to up my bronzer game and everything’s fine. Better to run through bronzer than Botox in the future, amirite? I like this foundation because it offers pretty full coverage without being cakey looking. Love it.
- I use Tarte’s “the buffer” brush to blend the above foundation onto my skin and it’s a dream. I’ve gotten lots of compliments on my complexion since I started using these two products, and I only sometimes confess that it’s more the makeup and less my naturally dewy skin. (FYI, if you’re not into that price tag, you can buy the exact same brush from China like I did for $5.33 here….I don’t know why this is a thing but I’m not going to question it – the only downside is how long it takes to arrive).
- I’ve very recently become OBSESSED with Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail. In my old age, my skin has gone from a mixed complexion to a dry one. In the four days since I started slathering this oil on underneath my moisturizer day and night, I swear I can see a significant change. It leaves my skin feeling buttery soft but not greasy, which was my biggest worry when I bought it. And that price, tho!!
- NYX Butter Lip Gloss in Creme Brûlée. Now, I don’t know about you, but I’ve always been a lip gloss girl. I don’t understand people who just wear chapstick; they’re missing a major opportunity to up their makeup ante. Lip gloss is the last step in my makeup routine no matter where I’m going and I feel naked without it. This NYX gloss is amazing because it isn’t sticky and I’m saved the trouble of constantly picking my hair off my lips like with normal sticky glosses. Plus, Creme Brûlée is a universally flattering color. I have about 3 tubes in just this color floating around in my purse.
- OPI Nail Lacquer – You Don’t Know Jacques. This is my favorite Fall nail color, and even though I never paint my nails the same color twice in a row, I always make an exception for this guy.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara. I love this stuff so much. That’s all I can really say about it, honestly. It’s amazing, and a fresh tube makes it feel like Christmas morning every morning.
- Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask. I got this mask a few weeks ago and have been using it about twice a week and love it. It smells like roses and really makes my skin feel softer. This, combined with the Lumene oil, has really improved my skin. I didn’t have bad skin before, but I feel like these two additions have kicked my routine up a notch.
That’s all for now! Do you have any beauty products that you swear by? Let me know in the comments!