Christmas was always the biggest event of the year around my house growing up. My mom’s favorite activity is giving people gifts that she knows they will love, and she takes great joy in perfectly wrapping every item. We had to ante up our Christmas lists no later than mid-November or my mom would harass us until we just started yelling out things we weren’t even sure we needed or wanted.
She takes present buying very seriously.
My birthday is on November 30th, so it was doubly important that I be timely with my wish list. In keeping with tradition, I’ve already started looking around for some things I can tell the woman I like so she won’t come after me. Here are a few things I’ve been lusting over:
- Marc by Marc Jacobs “Baker” Bracelet Watch. My friend Lauren has this watch and I want to steal it from her every time she wears it – the gray face is so different.
- J. Crew Pixie Pant. They come in black, navy, dark gray,and dark green, and I’m probably going to need a pair in every color. PLUS, they’re on sale + 40% off today, so….
- J. Crew Sloan GoldD’Orsay Flats. Classic and perfect. Need ’em.
- Ivanka Trump “Chic3” Flats. This would be my third pair of pointed leopard flats because I’ve worn the hell out of the other three.
- Ellen Tracy Wool Blend Stadium Coat. This coat is exactly like the J. Crew stadium coat, but a fraction of the price. I need it in “oatmeal” and want it in all of the other colors.
- BLANKNYC “Hotel” Distressed Skinny Jeans. I have another pair by this brand and love them. Plus, they’re distressed looking without making me feel like I’m trying too hard. It’s weird for me to see grown women with their knees hanging out of their jeans. Get it together.
As it turns out, this will probably be Part 1 of several “wish list” posts as we get closer and closer to Christmas. I don’t expect to get any of these things, and it obviously doesn’t matter if I do, but it’s fun to wish for them! What are you dying to have this year?